Monday, April 28, 2014

One Mile to the Milestone

Okay, so after the being a bit naughty for the Easter holiday I've been careful about food journaling and better choices for the past week, so instead of another slow-crawl week I shot down.

Quick aside: Back around the time my daughter Liz was born in 1997 I was about 260 pounds. For the next seven years I would only gain weight because of near-constant eating to stay awake while suffering from untreated sleep apnea, combined with bad habits and lazy lifestyle ... well, I got way-big, way-unhealthy. Since then, the lowest/best weight I've achieved was 265 lb. a few years ago. Well, this is what the scale said this morning:

266.0 lb.
Weekly Loss: 7.4 lb.
Total Loss Since 1/25/2014: 13.0 lb.


So if I lose even one pound over the next week, I will have tied for the best weight I've had since sometime in the late 90s! It's my first major milestone on this road to better health and self-confidence. I'm excited to blaze past it and into awesome uncharted territory.

Thanks for the love and support, everyone. It all keeps me going!

2 comments:

  1. Jamie, I think this is GREAT! It's all about lifestyle change. Remember, nothing changes if NOTHING changes. Keep moving forward and don't look back, you aren't going that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance and I both have Fitbit Flexes and we love them. A good, constant reminder to keep moving and to not forget our journals. Do you have something like that to help you?

    ReplyDelete