Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week Four: Return from Sin City


I confess that I was a little bit worried about how my week-long trip to Vegas would affect my diet. Not only is it a town known for its sinful buffets (and I indulged in two of them, at the Cosmopolitan and The Paris) but I knew I'd be having cocktails each and every day with my friends in the Diamond Lounge. And we all know that alcohol is pretty much a great source of nutrition-free calories, not to mention potential for a wicked hangover.

To counteract, I conserved both my food and calorie budget when I wasn't indulging. I had small, sensible breakfast most days and either had a light lunch or dinner when the other was heavier. My first morning back, and exactly one week after my last weigh-in, I find myself here:

280.2 lb.
Net Loss: 13.4 lb.

So that's almost three pounds down even while out in Sin City. Not bad! I should be able to keep up the pace now that I'm back in Georgia, and hope that my next weigh-in will see me down in the 270s, a weight I haven't manage to lose down to in several years. Then I hope to bust down into the 260s, where I've never managed to get down to since I gained all the weight in the first place.

Thanks for your support, everyone! See you next week.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Jamie! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous. I bombed in Sin City....but time to get back on track <3

    ReplyDelete