Monday, February 28, 2011

Getting Started (Again)

Well, it's 2011. In the last few years my life has drastically changed and I'm now facing life as a single professional geek. I want to live long enough to see my children grow up, feel better, and in general be less of a tub of lard and more attractive to the opposite sex.

To that end I've started Weight Watchers Online, a program I've had success with in the past, to help me monitor my intake and lose weight at a healthy speed. After my next trip I'll be joining a local gym and adding structured exercise to the program.

This blog is separate from my regular stuff so that only people interested in my weight loss and fitness need hear about it. I need friends to help cheer me on.

In fact ... If any of you want to give me some weight loss incentive, you can volunteer to give me a "reward" for achieving one of my 5 lb. milestones. Could be a small gift or even just a nice gesture -- nothing that has to cost anyone money. Comment or e-mail me if you'd like to be a "sponsor" of my weight loss!

In the interest of full disclosure, here is my initial weigh-in. I will be doing official, weekly weigh-ins on Monday mornings and posting them here.

293.6 lb.


I didn't think I'd creep back this close to 300 pounds but here I am ... but not for long! I'm hoping to lose 2.5 pounds per week so I make a 5 pound milestone every two weeks if I stay on track.

Thanks to all my friends for their support and encouragement. I'll be posting here at least once a week to keep it fresh and honest.

6 comments:

  1. You can do it Jamie, I believe in you! And message me your snail mail address when you get a chance k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask how much you've gained back? I know you've been battling this a while, but I also know you looks amazing and you are nowhere near what you were 5 years ago when I was pregnant with Jackson and someone took that horrid picture of us at your house lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. W00t! I want to start a dance training blog. Do I have time for it? No. Hahahaa. Maybe I can make my dance-fitness posts on my LJ public. Hmm.

    Anyway I know you can do it! 2.5 lbs a week will be tough, and is a little steep. They say the slower you lose the weight the less likely you are to gain it back. That being said, I'm totally supportive and know you can pull it off.

    I can do a sketch for you every five pounds-- how does that sound? :D

    ReplyDelete