Monday, April 4, 2011

Week Six: Flatline

Hmm ... A days ago my unofficial weigh-in had put me down to 275 lb., but as of this morning the scale tells me that I'm ...

277.2 lb.

... which I'm sorry to say is exactly the same as last week. I stayed mostly on-track, diet-wise, this week. I only splurged once and stayed within my usual WW guidelines. But I'm not too discouraged. For one thing, I've been doing a LOT of physical work this week, including a bunch of heavy lifting and dragging. The sore feeling in various muscles tells me that this could be muscle weight.

Either way, I'm going to push on and try to get down to 275 lb. by this time next week! Hopefully this won't be a difficult plateau.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the hard work Jamie! Try swapping out some processed food for healthy home-cooked food, try swapping out some refined carbs for healthier things that will keep you full longer. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok to plateau for a bit-- it gives your body a chance to deal with the weight it's lost. It'll recalibrate your metabolism, and that's good. Besides, you know once you start exercising regularly and weight lifting the poundage will start falling off again. :D

    I'm the other way 'round. I've plateaued from my exercise, but haven't really altered my diet enough to move on. Blah!

    ReplyDelete